This is the privacy notice of Foy Sales & Marketing Ltd. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Foy Sales & Marketing Ltd.
We are registered in UK as company number 9558513.
Our registered office is at Lonsdale House, High St, Lutterworth LE17 4AD
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you when you input it into our webpage or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through our webpage. For example, you provide your contact information and, in some cases, billing information when you create an account to make a purchase from us.
- Content you provide through our products: Where you engage our services to supply custom or bespoke labels, you may also provide further data for us to create your printed labels. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include.
- Content you provide through our websites: We collect other content that you submit to these websites. For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in surveys.
- Information you provide through our support channels: We also provide you with customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a product/service. If you chose to submit such information you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
- Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you create an account with us.
How we use the information we collect
- To communicate with you about our goods and services: we use your contact information to send transactional communications to you via email, provide customer support and/or technical advice.
- To communicate latest offers and developments within the company: We use your contact information to send promotional and informative newsletters to you. This will only be done if you have expressly consented to receiving these types of communications.
- To provide customer support: we use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter and to assist with any other enquiries you may have. When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply to increase the efficiency of our business.
- We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
- To process a complaint: when we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us and we use that information to resolve your complaint.
- To process payment of your order with Foy Sales & Marketing Ltd: payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
- At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
- For security and safety: we use information about you and your account to verify accounts and activity and to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity.
- For any other use you have consented to: we use your information where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose that is not listed in this policy. If you have consented to our use of information about you, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect processing that has already taken place.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Our use of re-marketing
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under certain defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on when purchasing a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
To carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our goods and services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a service we provide.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process with your consent
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services.
- Service Providers:We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Foy Sales Marketing Ltd:We work with third parties who provide sales, support and technical services to deliver and implement customer solutions.
- With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
- Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements,
- enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service,
- protect the security or integrity of our products and services,
- protect Foy Sales & Marketing Ltd, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or
- respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
Access to your own information
- Access to your personal information: At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at email@example.com. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
- Removal of your information: If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website and/or database, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This may limit the service we can provide to you.
- Opt-out of communications: you may opt out of receiving promotional and/or informative communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Verification of your information: when we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
- Responding to your requests: we will deal with your subject access request without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of your request. However, if the work involved is particularly complex or if numerous requests are made then we may extend this period by up to two additional months. In this case, we will inform you about the extension and explain the reasons.
- If you are not satisfied by our actions, you can outline your dissatisfaction by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner or seek recourse through the courts.
- Encryption of data sent between us: we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
- Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar. You can also verify this by ensuring that the URL starts with HTTPS:// (as opposed to HTTP://)
- How you can complain:
- o If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- o If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Retention period for personal data: except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- o to provide you with the services you have requested;
- o to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- o to support a claim or defence in court.